Artistic Landscapes dual expertise as a landscaper and irrigation contractor helps us design the best irrigation system for your landscape. Many of our clients have a substantial investment in their trees, shrubs, annuals, and perennials. Our experience shows a dramatic improvement in the health and beauty of plants and grass that are watered properly. Because we warrant all our plants, and we want only happy customers, Artistic Landscapes will not perform significant landscape work without a sprinkler system.
- Increases the values of your home.
- Helps maximize the health and beauty of your lawn, plants and flowers.
- Provides easy compliance with local water bans. No more watering at midnight or before work.
- Provides convenience in today’s fast paced world. Consistently delivers the right amount of water to your entire yard, not just the part of the yard that you had time to water.
- Reduces wasted water because you forgot to shut off your hose operated sprinkler.
- Increases disease and pest resistance to your plants and trees.
The scorching summer months in Atlanta may find many homeowners scurrying to figure out how best to save their plants and flowers, since relying on regular rainfall isn’t exactly the best method. Landscaping experts agree that the health and beauty of plants is dramatically improved when they are watered properly, and what better way to ensure that than with a well-designed, quality built sprinkler system?
The best sprinkler systems water the entire yard. When planning your sprinkler system installation, it’s important to consider that shaded areas or areas that tend to stay wet should be watered separately or not at all. When consulting with your sprinkler system expert, he will be able to discuss the zoning structure of your system, suggesting the best way to lay it out for maximum results.
Our goal is to install sprinkler systems that do not break or leak. To us, it is a waste of both your time and ours to install a system that requires frequent service calls. We have years of experience in servicing our systems, other contractors’ systems, and homeowner-installed systems. Our experience has shown patterns in service requirements. The most common service calls are for valves that either leak or no longer operate, and broken sprinkler heads. By far the leading systems requiring frequent service are systems installed by homeowners utilizing products purchased at Home Depot. The Rainbird and Toro Product lines sold at Home Depot are economy class. These product lines are inferior to contractor grade products made by the same companies, and are very inferior to the high-end contractor grade products used by Artistic Landscapes.
A valve that leaks or does not shut off wastes water, and can significantly add to your water bill. Many water leaks are more expensive than the money saved by purchasing an inferior sprinkler system.
Below is a description of the products used by Artistic Landscapes. We install a master valve and a winterization valve. These elements are not included in most of Atlanta’s sprinkler systems. We have found that these items significantly reduce service calls and increase the life of the sprinkler system. They save money by greatly reducing the odds of a significant water leak.
A master valve is an electronic valve placed before the electronic zone valves that turn the water on or off as the controller cycles from zone to zone. The master valve lets water flow to the sprinkler system only when the controller is on. A master valve increases the life of zone valves, helps prevent a zone valve from leaking, and most importantly can prevent a very large water bill in the event that a zone valve fails in the open position while you are on vacation. Artistic Landscapes uses a 1” Toro P-220-27 pressure regulated valve. This valve is rated for operation at up to 220 PSI, and eliminates pressure surges to the inline zone valves
The 220 PSI rating of this valve is outstanding. It greatly reduces the risk of a valve remaining open, especially in high-pressure water lines that are common in Atlanta.
Artistic Landscapes installs a valve that allows an air compressor to be hooked to the system to drain the water during the winter. Winterizing your system prevents freeze damage. While many Atlanta winters are mild, record low temperatures of below zero have been recorded here. Winterization is a good insurance policy against freeze damage.
- Globe and angle configuration for flexibility in design and installation.
- Rugged PVC construction to withstand constant 150 psi pressure and 2 to 150 gpm flows.
- Double filtered pilot flow to resist debris and clogging of solenoid ports.
- Slow closing to prevent water hammer and subsequent system damage.
- Manual internal bleed operates the valve without allowing water into the valve box.
- One-piece solenoid design with captured plunger and spring for easy servicing.
- Prevents loss of parts during field service.
- Non-rising flow control handle adjusts water flows as needed.
- Normally closed.
Why settle for second best when you can have the sprinkler by which everything else is measured. The PGP is Hunter’s original product, the item that put the company on the map in 1981. Its exceptional design and impressive performance placed the rotor a cut above back then, while continuous improvements and enhancements have allowed it to remain the number one selling rotor in the world ever since. With the superior ability to deliver even water distribution from precision engineered nozzles, this sprinkler is unequaled for reliability, durability, versatility and value. With its patented features and Hunter’s years of experience in gear-drive technology, it’s no wonder the PGP remains the professional’s choice.
- Integral rubber cover with membrane covered sockets – Keeps dirt out, permanently installed
- Through-the-top adjustment with helpful symbols
- Easiest to adjust, wet or dry
- Quick Check Arc/Fast Forward for quick verification of arc stop points
- Complete set of interchangeable nozzles
- 12 standard or 7 low-angle nozzles for virtually any task
- Factory installed nozzles available
- Choose the convenience of pre-installed nozzles for large projects
- Radius adjustment of up to 25%
- Easy fine-tuning without changing nozzles
- Reversing full-circle and part-circle operation in one unit
- For fastest, hassle-free adjustment, 40°-360°, wet or dry
- Proven, long-life water-lubricated gear drive
- First introduced over 15 years ago and still continuously improved
- Advanced riser seal – Industry’s most reliable and proven pressure-activated wiper seal
- Large dirty water screen puts an end to nozzle clogging
With Rain Bird® 1800 Series and UNI-Spray Series Spray Heads, you no longer need to have a green thumb to have a beautiful landscape. These durable, dependable spray heads work like magic to meet all your yard’s watering requirements, year after year. Whether they are used in small or large grass areas or in flower beds, Rain Bird Spray Heads will do the job right.
- Innovative design ensures even water distribution with no brown spots.
- High impact polymer construction stands up to the elements, year after year.
- Built-in pressure regulator option eliminates wasteful misting.
- A patented pressure-activated wiper seal provides optimum pop-up and pop-down reliability, while reducing water waste.
- Unique Seal-A-Matic™ option prevents puddling and run-off that can erode a landscape.
A Spray Head for Every Landscape
A variety of nozzle sizes and spray patterns means virtually any landscape area is watered easily and accurately. The 2″, 3″ and 4″ pop-up heights are perfect for watering most grass areas, while the 6″ and 12″ models provide superb irrigation for shrubs and flower beds. There are even gentle flows for watering delicate plants and flowers.
Rain Bird® ESP Modular Controllers are designed with your growing landscape needs in mind, the ESP Modular controller is flexible, simple to use and Rain Bird® reliable.
- Modular stations allow you to flexibly add more irrigation zones as your landscape grows. Easily upgrade with 3-station modules up to 13 stations.
- Unique Auxiliary Station™ allows you to water even when rain has temporarily suspended the controller from watering. Ideal for watering under covered patios, operating landscape lighting,
fountains or other non-irrigation systems.
Sprinkler System Installation
Artistic Landscapes uses all 1″ PVC pipe installed at a depth of 8-14″. The typical installation includes boring a hole under the driveway and sidewalks. The pipes are installed with a vibratory plow and hand or machine trenching. Where trenches are dug in the sod, the sod is first removed then replaced. During hot summer months when the ground is very hard, it is often necessary to machine trench to ensure a minimum pipe depth of 8″. In this case, the sod is replaced where damaged.
Leave the standard back-and-forth sprinkler for the kids to play in and enjoy the worry-free lifestyle of having a lush, gorgeous lawn all year long. Call Artistic Landscapes for a free consultation on planning your sprinkler system installation today..